HEALTH AND NUTRITION
Health & Nutrition Success Stories of District Khandwa, MP 2018
District level initiatives:
District Magistrate Shri Vishesh Garpale took many initiatives to improve the overall performance of Khandwa district. Piramal Foundation team along with other development partner supported DM in planning, monitoring and execution of initiatives & interventions. The department of health and women and child development work very hard in execution and achieved the expected targets.
As per the baseline ranking done by Niti Ayog, Khandwa district composite rank was 41st among all 117 district and composite score was 37.14% in Oct. 2017. After the various initiatives, continue follow-up, monitoring and review at all level, the performance is improved well. The latest ranking of Niti Ayog, Khandwa rank is 3rd in all 117 aspirational district of India and composite score in 51.7%. District is continuously trying to improve performance in terms of coverage and quality of services as well in the leadership of District Magistrate. Various initiatives taken by district.
- Institutional Deliveries Increased
- Tele consultation and lab Sample collection & testing
- Convergence at all level
- IFA supplementation monitoring
- Third Meal Initiative for Malnourished Children
- Community connect through local dialect
- Poshan Vatika at Anganwadi Centres
- Community involvement in AWC Activities
- TB notification and success rate improved
- Appreciation for best performer