Digital Village Harisal
As Harisal, Th. Dharni Village comes under Melghat Tiger project; most of the population is tribal. Major issues in the Melghat region are health, education, employment and agriculture. Harisal village is selected as Digital village by CM office Mumbai for Development of Melghat region and providing online services to the citizens of Harisal. A Digital village being done by Government of Maharashtra in collaboration with Microsoft, HP, NIC, TCS, BSNL and other organisations to providing cloud enabled tertiary Health, Education, Agriculture, Banking Services, PDS, Citizen Centric services and access to Government programmes.
2. Details of Programme
Harisal is a village Panchayat located in the Amravati district of Maharashtra state. The latitude 21.504106 and longitude 77.137156 are the geo- coordinates of the Harisal. The native language of Harisal is Marathi and most of the village people speak Marathi. A majority of the persons living in Harisal have involved themselves in agriculture and Forest related industries. Harisal is a medium size village with total 324 families residing. The Harisal village has population of 1479 of which 776 are males while 703 are females as per Population Census 2011. As per Panchyati Raj Act, Harisal village is administrated by Sarpanch who is elected representative of village. Village is comes under Melghat Tiger Reserve, for every work it is necessary to take permission from forest department. Major issues in Melghat region are Health, Education, Drinking water, Electricity and Road connectivity.
CM of Maharashtra Declared Harisal as First Digital village of Maharashtra for Development and providing cloud based services to the citizens of Harisal and neighbouring villages. Microsoft India Ltd and HP India Ltd signed agreement to enable Digital village. Microsoft Agreed to provide TVWS equipments and enabling last mile connectivity in Harisal by providing hardware, software and related Technology and providing implementation assistance by means of deployment of project manager at Harisal. HP India eHealth Centre (eHC) is an HPE-CSIR initiative where information technology will be used to enable local healthcare services and telemedicine, while collecting data pertaining to patients health and related issues. HP Enterprise Agreed to deploy and provide eHealth Centre (eHC) and Digital classroom. eHealth Centre (eHC) is an HPE-CSIR initiative where information technology will be used to enable local healthcare services and telemedicine, while collecting data pertaining to patients health and related issues. Other organizations also agreed to contribute to provide services under Digital village programme. Under Digital Village Harisal Programme following services are proposed:
· Farmer related Advice- weather update
· Mobile Connectivity
· Internet Connectivity
· Skill Development
· Access to Government Programmes
· Public Distribution System
· Citizen Centric Services
· Education- eLearning, Digital Classroom
· Health care- Telemedicine, Eye Care
· Rural Employment
· Banking Services
Infrastructure requirement, issues for development of Harisal Village as Digital village and providing the online services are Power supply, Internet connectivity and Road Connectivity described are as follows:
· Internet connectivity: BSNL provided 20 MBPS Bandwidth by maintaining existing OFC line between Dharni-Harisal from Deadtalai, MP.
· Mobile connectivity: Indus Towers Limited has been selected for the project to provide telecom infrastructure by setting up towers in the cluster.
· TV White Space: Microsoft provided TV Whites space Technology for providing Internet connectivity to office and Wi-Fi to the citizens.
· Tele-Medicine Facility: To link Harisal PHC with the super speciality hospital, Amravati and renowned hospital in Mumbai for advance medical care in telemedicine, HP Enterprise Agreed to deploy and provide eHealth Centre (eHC).
· Power Supply: MSEDCL supplies power supply to the village but having issues of twelve hours daily Load Shading. Power supply having low Voltage, unable to drive heavy systems.
Technological issues for development of Harisal Village as Digital village and providing online services to citizens are as follows:
· Back end computerization at Government Office for different schemes.
· Capacity Building for the Government officials.
· Technical Illiteracy as well as Illiteracy in citizens of Melghat
· Insufficient skilled human resources in Melghat region
· Lack of required Hardware and Software
· Upgrading of existing Telecom Services
Lacks of necessary infrastructure like electricity, internet, technology and ways of Communications affect the speed which delayed the implementation of the Digital Village Project.
3. Strategies adopted in implementation
Digital village Harisal programme implementation is challenging task for District Administration as well as implementing agencies. Following Strategies are adopted in implementation of Digital village Harisal programme in Harisal
· Survey of existing and required resources in Offices, Hospital, Schools, bank etc in Harisal village
· Setup a Digital Village Office with required Hardware etc. at GP Harisal for Review and monitoring progress of work in the village.
· Setup a BSNL Control room at GP Harisal Commissioning of 20 MBPS BSNL internet leased line for Internet Connectivity
· Erection of Indus tower for Idea and Airtel Mobile Connectivity to the citizens of Harisal as Reliance Connectivity is not reliable.
· Weekly review meeting with Collector and implementing Agencies for Digital village Progress.
· Setup and operationalization of e-Maha Seva centre and ASSK centre to provide citizen centric services
· Renovation of PHC Hospital and Setup of eye care centre at PHC Harisal for eye patients
· VC session with CMO office and Microsoft team for Review and monitoring
· Frequent Visit and meeting at Harisal for the progress of Work.
· Digital Village Workshop at Collector Office Amravati for all Engineering Professors and Students for Awareness and Seeking Suggestions.
· V Agri mobile App deployment and training to farmers for scientific advice, crop planning, profile updation, organic farming, and marketing.
· Survey by TCS and Tata Trust for m-krishi, Expert Advice, marketing, soil, analysis, training, Organic agriculture etc implementation.
4. Implementing Agencies
For the Digital Village Harisal following Agencies/Departments are working together as a Team are Bank of Maharashtra, Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited, NIC Amravati, Microsoft India Ltd, HP India Ltd, LV Prasad Eye Care Centre Hydrabad, Chaitanya Technology Pune, Virtual Agri Hyderabad, Indus Tower Ltd, Skill Development Dept, Food & Civil Supply Dept, Panchayat dept, ZP, District Setu Samittee, Post Office Dept, Grass Roots, Project Officer Dharni, C-DAC, Britania and Tata Trust and TCS
5. Period of Implementing
Digital village Harisal Programme is being implemented since 1 st July 2015.
6. Exceptional achievements and outcomes
Some of the major exceptional achievements and outcomes of Digital Village Harisal Programme implementation are as Follows:
· Citizens, Offices and Students using Internet and Wi-Fi for their day–to-day works
· eHC Tele Medicine Facility for the patients of Harisal and neighbouring Villages from PHC.
· Digital Classroom facility for the Schools of Harisal Namely ZP and Ashram Schools
· Skill development with Local Vender Mr. Lad. VTP Centre for Dress Designing Batch of 180 women’s.
· Setup and operationlization of e-MahaSeva Centre and ASSK Centre in GP, Harisal to provide citizens centric services.
· E-learning facility to ZP School, 2Aashramshala and 2 Anganwadi with Solar Power, TV, Projector, Software, Tabs.
· Eye Care Centre operational at PHC Harisal and about 120 patients examined.
· Banking Services- Mobile Banking, SMS Banking, Account opening, ATM card distribution to all account holders and ATM installation.
· Digital Locker, VC based Lokshahidin, Kisan Suvidha and Market rates apps and implementation of Panchayat suit for ASSK centre at GP.
· Digitization and Distribution of smart Ration Card.
· Mobile Connectivity of Idea-Airtel network by erection of Indus Tower Ltd.
· Solar based plant for power Supply at Digital Village Office, Aangnwadi and Aashramshala of Harisal Village.
7. Positive impact and sustainability
Citizen centric services are provided through e-maha Seva centres under e-District Project using Digital Signature Certificate and ASSK Centres at Gram Panchayat level through Service Plus system. All schools in the village use Technology to impart education to village students and Teaching happens with the help of audio-visual content as per their curriculum in the classrooms. Villagers have access to quality medical advice in PHC Hospital of Harisal through HP e-HC centre by means of Telemedicine with Hospitals of Amravati. In this Harisal village of Amravati District, Digital Technology acts as a catalyst for development, enabling local business opportunities, education, improving health and welfare of Citizens.